While preparing for the final campus interviews, many a times my friends inquired about my reason for not being overly worried about placements. Certainly, I haven’t done any secret deal with any company contacted in the capacity of placement committee member and got offer offline and neither I am extra ordinarily smart or intelligent. I have been an average student throughout my academic career and been a little active in extracurricular activities like any other batch-mate.
In spite of this I was among few lucky ones to get placed early in the placement season with good offer. So what’s the reason? One is, of course, I got Lucky, and it’s been truly a God’s Grace. I am grateful to almighty for being so kind to me. However there were other things too apart from being plain lucky.
Eliminating hygiene factors, I think it’s me being aware of certain natural laws which are always at play either for us or against us. I haven’t invented these laws; I just got aware about them through association with successful people all round the world. My only credit is application of these laws to my advantage.
First one is my experience with Mr. Triumph and Mr. Defeat. I learnt about them through David Schwartz, author of bestseller, ‘Magic of Thinking Big’. Whenever we attempt to do something new our conscious mind send signals to our subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind works exactly like a Computer and operate on GIGO (garbage in garbage out) philosophy. Mr Triumph and Mr Defeat are like tireless mine workers assisting our subconscious mind in digging the information requested by our conscious mind. We can manipulate if that’s the right word to use, our conscious mind to send signal which will elicit response from our subconscious mind which will boost our confidence.
So while preparing for interviews, I always thought about past incidences when I came out with flying colours. Triumph immediately went to work and recalled all the incidences when I have fared well and gave me all the reasons of why I can and will be successful this time. Does that means, I never had bad days or bad interviews. Of course I did, but with this exercise I believe I am able to cope better. I never let Mr. Defeat work for me. I was like a conniving boss who only wants to give work to Mr Triumph and let Mr Defeat sit idle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok, but WHY did Mr. Triumph win and WHY did Mr. Defeat loose? Surely it's not the Nag Champa oil you spread all over your beautiful body before the interview... :)
ReplyDeleteAnd what "laws" are you talking about?
You know something? I think that a lot of people confuse "laws" with "descriptions."
For example, people sometimes say that the Universe obeys the "laws" of physics. That's total rubbish! These so-called "laws" aren't laws at all! They're descriptions that humans apply to observed phenomena. The Universe doesn't obey "laws." We humans look and we see patterns, and then we get clever and work out some mathematical descriptions, and those mathematical descriptions consistently define the observed phenomena. So, let's ask you: What came first? The phenomena or the description that humans cleverly came up with? I think the answer is obvious.
Regardless, it's GREAT that you are somehow able to "never let Mr. Defeat work for [you]." That's because you are a special person and we all aspire to be like you. :)
Hey!! Ob'duel X
ReplyDeleteYou are RIGHT... However don't you think even 'Law' is a description of phenomenona... For example 'Law of Gravity' is in reality a 'Description' of 'Observed Phenomena which describes everything is attracted towards the Earth by virtue of something which we refer to as Gravitational Force'...
Again NATURAL LAWS or PHENOMENA are NEVER INVENTED.. they can only be DISCOVERED... so where is the question of universe obeying laws...
Now the important question is 'Why Mr Truimph always Win and Mr Defeat always Lose?'... I guess the answer is pretty straight as mentioned in the post... Mind works on a principle of GIGO... Mr Truimph responds to trigger which will elicit the desired response and mr Defeat work exactly opposite to it... We describe this favorable putcome as Win and undesirable one as Defeat...
Well, in terms of "laws," you're basically saying the same thing I did. So-called "laws" are just descriptions of natural phenomena that humans create. The MISTAKE humans (including scientists) make is to say that the universe "OBEYS" such laws. That's the incorrect part. And as our ability to percieve and understand things change, so too do the so-called "laws" change. For example, before Nicolaus Copernicus came along in the 1500s, planets moved on the basis of a set of Ptolemaic "laws" that had the Earth as the center of the universe! My how things have changed... In more recent times, everybody assumed that "time" was constant for all observers, until Albert Einstein came along and demonstrated that this isn't true at all.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, why would we want Mr. Triumph to always win and Mr. Defeat to always loose? In the never-ending Lela that represents God's play of the universe, does White always win and does Black always loose? Dude, I'll grant you that Kali Yuga is the shortest, but isn't it during that time that evil always wins? What a truly dull game it would be were Mr. Triumph to always prevail, don't you think? So how is it that YOU, Mr. Arya, with Mr. Triumph always winning for you, do you not get completely, totally bored? :)
Ob'Duel