Saturday, January 2, 2010

Captain of My Soul

Watching a movie on TV is my favorite activity on a lazy weekend but seldom is the urge so strong which forced me to write something about the overwhelming thought I received during the movie. Today was one such lazy Saturday afternoon when I ended up watching Harrison Ford’s K19: the Widowmaker. It’s a story about USSR’s first nuclear ballistic submarine, which suffered a malfunction in its nuclear reactor on its maiden voyage in the North Atlantic in 1961. The submarine's crew, led by the unyielding Captain Alexi Vostrikov, races against time to prevent a Chernobyl-like nuclear disaster which threatens not only the lives of his crew, but has the potential to ignite a world war between the super powers.

However it’s not this IMDB description of the plot which captures my attention but the faith crewmen put in their captain during catastrophe. It’s the respect Captain commands from its crew & burden Captain carries to steer ship & its men to safety.

What’s so special about it? Isn’t this what Captain suppose to do? It happens in every field… Sports, Politics, Science everywhere responsibility rests with the Captain. He is entrusted with the well being of its team & gets accolades or rebuking for job done. Someone is either given the charge or rises to the occasion and do the needful & become our HERO or gets REPLACED.

Right! But who will come to steer ship of my Life? Will it be my boss, my parents, my spouse, my friends or someone else? Who will take charge of my life and lead me to financial, emotional & spiritual freedom? WHO WILL BE MY HERO?

The answer is not hard to find but yes hard to accept. I AM GIVEN THE CHARGE BY GOD TO BE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL. However still I find myself waiting for someone to come & rescue me. I am hoping my boss will give me nice increment & I will be financially free. I am hoping my spouse & parents will understand me better & will lead me to emotional freedom. I am so caught up in running the rat race that I don’t have time to think about spiritual well-being.

Lazy Saturday afternoon, on eve of New Year I heard a voice deep down inside me… CAPTAIN wake up & take charge of your Life & BE FREE.

Happy New Year 2010

6 comments:

  1. Hadd se zyada bakwaas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dive into the self.This only happens to people who are sensitive to the subtle and finer aspects of life and try to look for the larger meanings beyond the obvious bakwaas and rise above the banalities. I remember a soulful rendering from the great Md Rafi Sahab -"Woh jinko pyar hai chandi se Ishq sone se, wohi kahenge kabhi hamne khudkushi karlee'. Look upto Stephen covey " The Seven habits of highly effective People'. Assuming "RES-PONSIBILITY" i.e. the ability to respond is one of the most effective habit to develop. And you seem to be responding well to life and find your own calling. I sincerely wish you financial, emotional and spiritual freedom. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he will be your hero:
    http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1262713495704RA94

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you are engaged you must be writing romantic poetry/prose..come on awaken the bard in you as you have found your muse!...njoy..congrats for the ring ceremoney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring...and well put. I must say this remembering this every moment is also very important

    ReplyDelete